Michael Maye

Swinford, Ireland
Swinford
Ireland

Draper WTL12
Re: Where to start?
Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:36am

Hi Mark,

I'd highly recommend Mike Waldt's youtube channel. He has some great videos for anyone starting out woodturning. I keep going back having a look at all his uploads.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

M Saban Smyth is another UK turner that I enjoy watching,

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

<a href="Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register">View my Gaelic Football Photos</a>
WWW MayoMicksPhotoBlog/  
IP Logged

Mark Raymond
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

London, United Kingdom
London
United Kingdom

Reply #16 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 12:04pm

Michael Maye wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:36am:
Hi Mark,

I'd highly recommend Mike Waldt's youtube channel. He has some great videos for anyone starting out woodturning. I keep going back having a look at all his uploads.

M Saban Smyth is another UK turner that I enjoy watching,

Thanks Michael - both saved as favourites!

IP Logged

Arlin Eastman

Born in the USA

Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA
Council Bluffs
Iowa
USA

PM3520B
Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 2:32pm

Mark

I have three very favorite UK turners and two of them DVDs

1. Dennis White.  He has 5 DVDs and turned for over 65 years and starts at beginning to very advanced.
2. Keith Rowley.  Has one DVD that I know of and very good for beginning turners.

3. Tobias Kaye.  He has some YouTube and a DVD which is downloaded onto the computer and he does some wondrous things.

You can not go wrong with these three guys who are Outstanding.  Just Google them and they will come up.

Glad I could help with the club.

Being with the Air Force I spent time in England and Ireland and going to Ireland is were I first became aware of turning during a fair there and watched several guys turn.

It is always the right time; To do the right thing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print