Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Coloring Milliput (Read 227 times)

Bruce Kamp

WR Rocks!

Coloring Milliput
Jun 17th, 2017 at 8:53pm

Has anyone had any luck with dying Milliput? I started with white, mixed the two parts, then added Transtint Green. With normal expoxy it usually only takes a few drops to get the color. However, with Milliput the more I mixed in the lighter it got. First I had to spend a fair amount of time just getting it to blend into the entire batch. Then it actually started to get lighter. So, I added more, did the same thing, and it proceeded to get lighter. I did finally stop when I had a consistent color throughout but it sure was a lot lighter than when I used it on System 3 T-88 epoxy.
The size of the batch was small, maybe 3/4" in diameter when I rolled into a ball.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Bruce Kamp

WR Rocks!

Re: Coloring Milliput
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 3:41pm

I checked Miliput's website and they say that it can be colored. They suggested dry pigment. However, they also seemed to suggest that you can use things like paint to do the coloring.
My experiment with the Green Transtint turned out light blue. Go figure.
I am going to do some more experimenting and will report back.

Also, are there any other products like Milliput out there? My objective is to do ring inlays on turning such as bowls and bottle stoppers.

IP Logged

Don Bunce
WR Champion

WR Rocks!

Valparaiso, Indiana, USA
Valparaiso
Indiana
USA

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 4:38pm

I recently got some Milliput, but haven't done anything with it yet.

There is also Instamorph, that looks to be similar, and looks to be easy to color.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Steve Bistritz
WR Supporter

Harrington Park, New Jersey, USA
Harrington Park
New Jersey
USA

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 7:17am

this guy does alot with Milliput...go through his videos, I know there is at least one where he colors it...Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

So many interests,so little time.........

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print