Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New tool handles (Read 620 times)

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

New tool handles
Dec 10th, 2017 at 5:09pm

my wife and I went to Universal for our 35th anniversary then we rented a car and drove to her brother and our sister-in-law’s house and spent three days with them my brother-in-law is a pharmacist and he’s very knowledgeable when it comes to health issues and we were talking about my ET And the problem is that I have eating and drinking going to a restaurant and my wife has to cut up my food so he asked me what would make my hobby easier I  told him that I’ve been saving up money to get some Doug Thompson Tool handles They all weighted And that extra weight would help calm down my tremors he took out a credit card from his wallet gave it to his sister my wife and said order them I looked at him I looked at my sister-in-law and they both had a big smile on their face My eyes started to tear up they said you made us a lot of things over the years and never wanted anything in return I said I do it because your family I do it because you appreciate and me things I don’t do it to expect anything they said this is just a thank you For making us all the beautiful things you made us over the years so here is my thank you three 12  inch three 16 inch & Two 20 inch Doug Thompson two handles I called Doug and told him and he knows about my shaking and he wanted to see what he could do to make it easier so he sent me 4 extra bags of steel shot So I could make the two handles even heavier if I need them by turning friends would know about these handles and about how good these handles are  sorry I cannot resize the picture my hand so I shaking too much LOL I'm sure you all know what doug's tool handles look like though  Grin

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Tony Rozendaal
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

East Troy, WI, Wisconsin, USA
East Troy, WI
Wisconsin
USA

Robust AB
Grizzly 12x20 Midi Lathe
Delta 10x16 Mini Lathe
Re: New tool handles
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 5:15pm

Great story, Chuck. Hoping and praying it works out for you.

Turnin' and learnin'

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW trozendaal  
IP Logged

Buck Nemitt
WR Addict

Lovin It

Toronto,Ohio, Ohio, USA
Toronto,Ohio
Ohio
USA

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 5:22pm

Dang gone awesome post  Thumbs Up

What the heck,Give it a try---

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 5:28pm

First of all, it's good to hear from you again Chuck.
Great story, it sounds like you have a great support group around you, that's just wonderful.
Enjoy the new toys and don't be a stranger, well no stranger than usual  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Glenn Roberts

WR Rocks!

Walworth, NY, New York, USA
Walworth, NY
New York
USA

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 6:53pm

Chuck, check out focused ultrasound - I mentioned this to you in an earlier email. There may be help (financial) coming after the first of the year.

Great to hear from you!

The older I get, the better I was........
IP Logged

Glenn Jacobs
WR Addict

JC L&S

North DFW, Texas, Texas, USA
North DFW, Texas
Texas
USA

Powermatic 3520C
Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 1:25pm

Chuck, great news! I was just thinking about you and how you were doing. Pray that the handles help.

Glenn J.

PS Merry Christmas!

Woodworking all my life. Turning since ~93
Glenn+J  
IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 1:41pm

Thank you guys well I am using my wife's old iPad and also using the talk text so if some of the words come out screwy  thank you guys well I am using my wife's old iPad and also using the talk text so if some of the words come out screwy  i'm sorry LOL   I had an appointment or I had to see seven different types of doctors for the DBS surgery I just saw the last one and all seven agreed that I am a good candidate for the surgery right now  to give you an update I go in January 19 to have the four screws implanted in my head for the halo that they use January 26 I going to have the holes drilled in my head and the electrodes implanted  for this I have to be Wide awake  and of February 6 I go in to have the battery pack and planted in my chest.

Glenn Robert the one thing about focused ultrasound is actually destroyed a part of the brain where as in DBS surgery it is totally reversible  I would much rather have something that is reversible and have something that actually destroys part of the brain yes I know it is safe but who knows it is mechanical and things can happen the beam of light could be a couple hundred thousands of an inch too wide or I will  Something a little less power or a little more power and could end up destroying a Nother part of the brain I'm just not willing to take that risk I druther have something that is totally reversible

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Glenn Matthies

WR Rocks!

Lockport, NY, New York, USA
Lockport, NY
New York
USA

Jet 1642 EVS 2 hp
Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:24am

Congrats on the new tool handles.  I hope they help you on the lathe.  Also, congrats on 35 years.  You wife must be a saint.  Cheesy  Good luck on the surgery.  It sounds like some serious stuff.  I don't pretend to know anything about your health issues but it seems like you are making an informed decision and the right course of action. good luck.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

IP Logged

Mike Turner
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Laurinburg, North Carolina, USA
Laurinburg
North Carolina
USA

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:38pm

Chuck that's great on the new handles. Doug makes some great stuff!Praying everything goes well with procedure and get a lot of good results!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print