Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bandsaw Blade Suggestions Needed (Read 821 times)

robo_hippy
WR Addict

Eugene, OR, USA
Eugene, OR
USA

Re: Bandsaw Blade Suggestions Needed
Reply #15 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 11:54am

Ed, I followed the link to sawblade.com  Interesting. I think the most popular use of the bimetal blades is for cutting metal rather than wood, but found it interesting that they had some M42 pallet cutting blades. Nails won't slow those down. Now, I am wondering what the harder metal teeth on the Lennox blades is. For my turning tools, I don't use anything other than V10 from Doug Thompson and M42 from Dave Schweitzer. They both just cut so much longer than the M2 steel...

robo hippy

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Reply #16 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 12:20pm

All I can say is give one a try.
I would also mention that Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register also uses M42 in their tools.

IP Logged

Darryl Hansen

WR Rocks!

Reply #17 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 3:12pm

itura design is a good place to start.

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Reply #18 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 4:57pm

Iturra Design
Do you have any current information on where to get a catalog or where to view parts online.

IP Logged

David Hill

Using all Texas woods
but prefer Mesquite

Cuero, Texas, USA
Cuero
Texas
USA

Nova 1624
Laguna 18/47
Robust American Beauty
Reply #19 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 10:41pm

Bandsaw blades— just depends on what you want to cut.
Long ago I tried the 6 tooth blades, way too slow for cutting what I want- mostly turning blanks that range from  1.5 to 8 inches or so in thickness.  Once in a while will cut some knife scales or call blanks. I now use just 3-4 tooth blades either 3/8 or half inch in my bandsaws.  Way better for me, and don’t take me long to resharpen. 
I get my blades from Ellis. When I researhed it— they were hard to beat, and they’ll make it to your length specifications.
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2017 at 10:42pm by David Hill »  

Everyday liberating nice things from ordinary chunks of wood---and I like gnarly wood, the outcome is nearly always better than the start.

IP Logged

lloyd harner

WR Rocks!

littlestown, Pennsylvania, USA
littlestown
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #20 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 11:46pm

in love diemasters and my problem is most the tie im cutting knife handle blocks into  scale sets and for that a 10-14 vari tpi blade is great.  my next wood saw will have the same size blade as my metal saw so they can share blades. most the time  my metal saw has 18tpi blades in it but now and again lately i have been needing something in the 3-4 TPI range in bimetal. that low tooth count woudl  be fantastic on the wood saw for the now and then turning blank cutting out but i just dont see spendig a 10' blade for my metal saw to cut bigg stuff and a 89.5 inch blade for my wood saw if im only going to use them a few times a year.  most of my work is in fine cuts and smooth finishes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print