Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  Featured Artist    Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   Event Calendar   Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Festool 2018 Price Increase (Read 243 times)

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Festool 2018 Price Increase
Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:37am

Festool has announced that prices on 1,200 of its products will be increasing on Thursday, March 1st, 2018. Beat the price increase and order now to save up to $160! Enjoy fast, free shipping on all Festool orders.

For those who have been here a while, you may know that I like to tease about Festool prices.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register being my favorite.
When I first read ,my immediate thought was, how could you tell if they went up?
Then I thought, if your already spending X, what's a couple more bucks?
If your looking into buying Festool products, price is most likely not your main concern.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Ralph Fahringer
WR Addict

I'm the "Burly" Man!!

Ellsworth, Maine, USA
Ellsworth
Maine
USA

PM3520b
Re: Festool 2018 Price Increase
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:51pm

WOW!!! I took a quick peek over at Festering Stool (that is apparently what Festool is short for) and am absolutely blown away by the insane prices for...

EVERYTHING!!!

A simple orbital sander is almost $400 and another one is over $500!!! Shocked

I guess with those prices, they only need one sale a month to make a profit. Roll Eyes

I guess I need use their pricing scheme on my frame jobs!! I would only need to make 1 or 2 a week and I'd be set for life. Thumbs Up

Originality is the art of concealing your source.

IP Logged

Steve nix

WR Rocks!

Iota, Louisiana, USA
Iota
Louisiana
USA

Grizzly mini, 1642 Jet, RobustAB
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:26am

What will Festool do that my Dewalt and Bosch want, other than drain my retirement funds. just asking. 🤔

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:12am

Ralph Fahringer wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:51pm:
A simple orbital sander is almost $400 and another one is over $500!!! Shocked

I'm still trying to figure out the $900 router

Steve nix wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:26am:
What will Festool do that my Dewalt and Bosch want, other than drain my retirement funds. just asking. 🤔

I think that's more up to the owner than the tool but I get your point

If you've ever used any Festool products, you would find that they are very high quality BUT they also have a price to match. Most people don't require anything more than what's sold in big box stores. When you need to step up, Festool is definitely a high end option. I consider them to be commercial grade with retail offerings. I don't mind paying top price if I'm getting top quality but I do think they take it a bit too far.
Part of the "problem" is that most Festool offerings are proprietary and therefore not comparable with anything else on the market.  Festool blades, Festool abrasives, etc.
If I had an need,  I would certainly look into buying but until then the price isn't warranted for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print