Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Super Nova Lathe Light: A Review (Read 208 times)

John Grace
WR Addict

Everyone needs a good
wingman...

Bel Air, Maryland, USA
Bel Air
Maryland
USA

Super Nova Lathe Light: A Review
May 14th, 2018 at 7:14am

I had to replace my lathe light recently and purchased a Super Nova lathe light from WoodTurning Wonders.  First, it arrived well packaged and relatively quickly.  Functionability, the light is extremely bright and easily illuminates the entire working area.  The magnet is quite strong and has not moved due to lathe vibration/wobble during initial rounding of the piece.  I did contact Ken about the magnetic base switch as to whether it should be turned-off in between uses such as to not 'burn' out the switch.  He explained by the next day that the switch was mechanical and could be left in the on position with not detriment to the light.  The 30" arm is quite flexible and allows for a wide range of motion.  While I have no negatives about the light the one item of note I will mention is that despite the strong magnet the light has tended to 'slide' a small bit when placed on the side of the lathe.  I have it currently on top of the headstock but am considering building a small platform adjacent to my tool rack from which I can readily adjust the light to cover any sides of the work piece.  With respects to costs...yes, it's at the higher end of the price spectrum and the light, in my opinion, does fall within the category of you get what you pay for, and this case, that's a very good light source.  One final note.  While I've purchased other items directly from WoodTurning Wonders I was able to allay some of the costs by getting this through Amazon with a couple of small 'left-over' gift cards.  So far, a good light that I can easily recommend.  Hope this helps...John

“If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten.”  Kipling

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Re: Super Nova Lathe Light: A Review
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2018 at 9:13am

john, thanks for the review
Here is a link to the lamp  for those that are interested in the spec sheet.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print