Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Club software (Read 705 times)

Bruce Kamp

WR Rocks!

Club software
May 18th, 2018 at 8:58pm

This may not be the place to ask this but I could not find one here that fit. Maybe it is not even an appropriate question for this forum. I am searching for a software app that will help us manage our club. I would like it to handle membership issues, provide for communication, provide for a photo gallery of both turnings and club members, etc.
I have looked at team software and some sports team packages but not anything that would do what we are looking for.
I would be grateful for an information on what I might look at.
Thanks in advance
Bruce Kamp

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Steve Bistritz
WR Addict

Harrington Park, New Jersey, USA
Harrington Park
New Jersey
USA

Re: Club software
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2018 at 7:54am

Our club just switched to this website hosting...not an app but seems to have everything we need ...for now anyway...hosting company is in the footer

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

So many interests,so little time.........

IP Logged

Ronald Plumley

Apple Ridge Woodturners,
Etowah River Woodturners

Talking Rock, Georgia, USA
Talking Rock
Georgia
USA

PM3520b
Rockwell 46-111
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2018 at 1:23pm

When we formed our club (EtowahRiverWoodturners.COM) I made the decision to use some of the more modern web creation software packages available and I ended up using Concrete5 for building the page. It looked to me, at the time, to be the best choice I had available. It makes a nice web site, but for me, since web design is not my day job, I have never been able to get truly comfortable  with the software and I certainly am not proficient enough with it to make me feel as if I can make it do whatever I wanted. The option for me, I suppose, is going back to writing HTML by hand... unless I want to spend $$ for a commercial piece of software I MIGHT be able to sufficiently learn.

All of that being said, the gallery software I used, Piwego, has been a much better piece of software. I really like being able to attach keywords to each photo and then later be able to search through the keywords (e.g. "ambrosia maple" or "lidded box"). Gallery is at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Michael Maye

Swinford, Ireland
Swinford
Ireland

Record Power DML 320 (with bed extension)
Draper WTL12
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2018 at 3:48pm

Is it a website that you are looking to set up Bruce? I have built our local club website using wordpress platform with a premium theme called Divi, Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register . Wordpress is pretty easy to get the hang of.

<a href="Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register">View my Gaelic Football Photos</a>
WWW SwinfordWoodturner  
IP Logged

Don Stephan
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Cincinnati, Ohio, Ohio, USA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ohio
USA

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2018 at 4:50pm

The Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
is using

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #5 - May 28th, 2018 at 11:01pm

This Topic was moved here from Turning Talk by David Hamann.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print