Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  Featured Artist    Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   Event Calendar   Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I wish I hadn't bought... (Read 742 times)

merle ward
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

DeRidder, Louisiana, USA
DeRidder
Louisiana
USA

HF cheapie
NOVA 1624II
Re: I wish I hadn't bought...
Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 9:02am

merle ward wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:52am:
Nova1624II bought 21st August
When it arrived, no apparent damage. After unwapping and removing box, picked up motor and saw that the black switch box on the top was broken in. Called the company it came from and after several days of back and forth, they decided to send another one and pickup the other one. I unpacked the new one while the freight driver waited and it had a piece of the red emergency button was broken off. I should have looked it over better for I now see on the fan cover a dent with the paint rubbed off, and the power card is loose where it comes out of the switch box. I also noticed the spindle bearing is very warm after running for an hour or so. Although I had the shipping charges and 10% of purchase price refunded, I'm wondering if I have a lemon.

Should have kept looking, now I notice when sliding the banjo and the tailstock over the bed joint there is a clacking. I haven't tried to see if headstock and tailstock line up since the tailstock has slide play. It sure is "purdy", all shinny red and black. I bought a handwheel that is very handy, and an extra faceplate which both are well made.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print