WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Cincinnati, Ohio, Ohio, USA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ohio
USA

Forum Suggestion
Jun 23rd, 2019 at 9:08am

Having no obvious board for this question, I posted here.

When perusing the posts, which I do at least twice a day, sometimes a particular discussion has a number of contributions.  To continue perusing, I either have to move the mouse to the Back icon and click, or scroll back to the top of the screen to use the drill-down navigation links.

For example, let's say I selected "Other Turning Topics" and there are three discussions with new posts since I last visited.  I click on the 3rd in the list, "Sample Discussion."  After scrolling down through all the posts in that discussion, I can move the mouse to the Back icon and click, but that still shows there are three discussions with new posts.  Or I can scroll to the top of the screen for the drill-down links - for example "The Woodturning Forum - Woodturners Resource>Other Turning Topics>Sample Discussion" and click "Other Turning Topics" and the discussion I just perused is no longer marked as having new topics.

My question, can the drill-down links simply be repeated at the bottom of the discussion as well, in this example "The Woodturning Forum - Woodturners Resource>Other Turning Topics>Sample Discussion" so one could click "Other Turning Topics" to return to the list of discussions on that board without having to scroll back to the top of the screen?

It's not a matter of life and death, just convenience, but it would be very convenient and implementation might be just a matter of cutting and pasting a few lines of code.

Thanks for considering the question.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Re: Forum Suggestion
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 4:07pm

easy. at the bottom of the page are 3 buttons:

Home takes you back to the main forum

Board takes you back to the current section you are in, ie "Other Turning Topics"

Top of this Page is just what it says.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 4:09pm

This Topic was moved here from Other Turning Topics by David Hamann.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 6:07pm

Don Stephan wrote on Jun 23rd, 2019 at 9:08am:
After scrolling down through all the posts in that discussion, I can move the mouse to the Back icon and click, but that still shows there are three discussions with new posts

Simply refresh the page

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Don Stephan
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Cincinnati, Ohio, Ohio, USA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ohio
USA

Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 7:03pm

I'm no sure how to refresh the page, unless it would be to click on the current board link again.  The "Board" link at the bottom of the page is very convenient and efficient, and just a short roll of the mouse wheel away after reading the last post in the discussion.

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 11:56pm

i use Board a lot. as you said, just a short scroll and there it is.

to refresh a page, there is a round arrow next to the forward and backward arrows of your browser. that is page refresh, it reloads the page.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2019 at 11:58pm by David Hamann »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print