David Schuelke

WR Rocks!

Beaumont, California, USA
Beaumont, California
USA

Laguna Revo 18 x 36 2hp
Cordless chainsaw
Oct 9th, 2019 at 1:50pm

I need a new chainsaw, been thinking about a cordless model, does anyone have one and whats your opinion, the only use would be to cut and shape logs for bowl blanks and light trimming around the yard. Been looking at Stihl, Husqvarna and Echo.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2019 at 1:54pm by David Schuelke »  

When I stopped living in the problem and began living in the answer the problem went away.

IP Logged

Robert Fischer

Windham, Maine, USA
Windham
Maine
USA

Re: Cordless chainsaw
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 3:20pm

I don't have any of the saws you listed.   I have the Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register, and really like it.   That being said, you will love any good cordless chainsaw.   The convenience and quietness will continually amaze you, especially after years of using conventional chainsaws.   My son-in-law is an arborist and he's completely switched over to cordless chainsaws (Stihl).

IP Logged

Ralph Fahringer
WR Addict

I'm the "Burly" Man!!

Ellsworth, Maine, USA
Ellsworth
Maine
USA

PM3520b
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 3:35pm

What I like best is that I can use it in my shop in the winter to trim blanks without killing myself from the exhaust. Smiley

Mine is a Ryobi and with 2 batteries, i cut down and then into logs an 8"  Birch tree while getting a massive burl.

I have the Ryobi as the batteries fit my weed wacker and the hedge trimmer as well.

Originality is the art of concealing your source.

IP Logged

Clark Pittman
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Portland, Tennessee, USA
Portland
Tennessee
USA

Both Nova Comet 2 and Laguna Revo 1836
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 5:40pm

I have a couple of gas powered chainsaws and a corded Makita, but when I read how powerful and long lasting the Milwaukee M18 battery chainsaw was I had to have one.

Happened to catch a sale when they were including an extra M18 12 amp hour battery with normal purchase which already included a 12 AH battery (that battery was going for $199 at the time) Made it impossible  for me to turn down.

Been awhile since I got it and I am so glad that I did; the other chainsaws bot gas and corded are gathering dust.
I have used the Milwaukee to trim on some of the trees in the yard as well as cutting on log sections a local tree cutting service brings me from time to time. I've used it for cross cutting, ripping, cutting firewood and rounding turning blanks. I guess it is nice to have a backup battery but in all honesty it's overkill for my needs. (seems to last forever on one charged battery) I carry the saw in whatever vehicle I drive so that if I run upon a downed tree anywhere I am traveling about I am ready to cut it for whatever I need.

There are cheaper alternatives but the Milwaukee M18 cordless Chainsaw get's 5 stars from me.

IP Logged

David Schuelke

WR Rocks!

Beaumont, California, USA
Beaumont, California
USA

Laguna Revo 18 x 36 2hp
Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 9:34am

Thank you gentlemen, I really appreciate your input, you have convinced me to purchase a cordless, I will do a little more research and let you know which one I buy, I have received so much helpful information from this forum, thanks again

When I stopped living in the problem and began living in the answer the problem went away.

IP Logged

Glenn Roberts

WR Rocks!

Walworth, NY, New York, USA
Walworth, NY
New York
USA

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 11:52am

I happen to be a wood and tool hoarder, but I couldn't find the deal Clark found. In fact, there are no deals any where that I searched. Currently, there are at least 10 chain saws on my shelf, and also one $40 corded chain saw from a well know discount tool store. It's just that: a $40 noisy, plastic saw. If Clark says the M18 is a great saw, it probably is.

The older I get, the better I was........
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print