UV curing finishes. (Read 180 times)

Nic_Davies

Belfair, WA, Washington, USA
Belfair, WA
Washington
USA

UV curing finishes.
Jun 16th, 2020 at 11:16pm

I am looking for information about UV "CURE" finishes. How difficult they are to apply? Does UV LIGHT cure as fast as advertised? Does it fill pores and holes? I wood appreciate any and all experiences that you would like  to share.

Today is yesterday's tomarrow.
poles538@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Re: UV curing finishes.
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2020 at 9:22am

I don't think I can offer much more in addition to what I posted the last time you asked  Smiley
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This site has UV cures for guitars which is a step in the right direction. Many of the early UV or LED curing finishes were only suited for flat panels that could be passed at an even distance under the light source.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Here is another product that is designed to be cured on site.

If you've ever seen the windshield repairman fix/fill a crack, it's a UV cured epoxy and works very fast.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print