Everyone needs a good
wingman...

Bel Air, Maryland, USA
Bel Air
Maryland
USA

Magma Titan Lathe?
Jul 23rd, 2020 at 11:15am

I just learned of the brand Magma Titan and they look like they may be a German brand.  Has anyone ever heard of them and their quality?

“If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten.”  Kipling

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Re: Magma Titan Lathe?
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 12:07pm

I saw them once upon a time.
Here is their site
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Not too user friendly.
Here is another site that seemed to work better for mr, probably where I saw them in the first place.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
They are built like tanks, the small one is about 700 ibs and the larger one is over 800 lbs

I believe they have smaller benchtop models but I would have to do more searching

IP Logged

John Grace
WR Addict

Everyone needs a good
wingman...

Bel Air, Maryland, USA
Bel Air
Maryland
USA

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 1:44pm

“If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten.”  Kipling

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 2:34pm

Thanks John, I was in a bit of a rush.
Here's a video you might like Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

John Grace
WR Addict

Everyone needs a good
wingman...

Bel Air, Maryland, USA
Bel Air
Maryland
USA

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 8:05am

Thanks Ed...as I had said, I'd never even heard of this machine until yesterday.  I tried watching a couple of their YouTube videos last night but they were both in German though I'm sure I can find some english (i.e. American) reviews or versions when I do some more research.  Research more out of curiosity than anything.  From what little I've gathered so far they do appear to be comparable to most American high end machines.  Couple of things I did find intriguing from the web site include a single lever cam action for locking and unlocking the headstock which either swivels or can traverse the bed.  Also...per their web site, the manufacturer will outfit their machine with any spindle size you require.  I must say, I thought that was a nice touch considering many of us have a small fortune tied up in chucks all at whatever their current size is.  If nothing else, it's always fun to 'explore' other machines.

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 9:18am

All the info you need/want, written in English, Bitte

IP Logged

Jerry Johansen

WR Rocks!

Milan, Illinois, USA
Milan
Illinois
USA

Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2020 at 7:46pm

Excellent pdf in English Ed.

John Grace, I don't know where you live, but once travel becomes possible again, you might want to visit the factory.  Aurolzmünster is not far from München (Munich) and an easy trip to Prague and Berlin.  Some great parts of the world.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print