WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Cincinnati, Ohio, Ohio, USA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ohio
USA

Square not opening
Jul 28th, 2020 at 6:28pm

Due to the coronavirus effect, had not had need to use Square on my cell phone for a credit card purchase in months.  Customer wanted to come in today, within just a couple minutes wanted to purchase a spalted bradford pear bowl.  Tried several times then to start Square on my android cell phone as I always did, it would not open.  Tried additional times later and now at home with same result.  Before I take the drastic sounding step to uninstall and reinstall, has anyone else had this problem with Square?  I've been using it for several years and until now it always worked perfectly.  Yes, last week Verizon updated the phone operating system so that could be the source of the problem, but a Verizon salesperson won't be able to debug this issue with Square.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Don Stephan
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Cincinnati, Ohio, Ohio, USA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ohio
USA

Re: Square not opening
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2020 at 7:32am

Phone suggested emptying some of the Google cache, so I did that.  Square still wouldn't run so i uninstalled and installed Square a few minutes ago.  Tapped the Square icon several times and it started perfectly, so problem seems corrected.  Hopefully it won't be another couple months before I have customer wanting to make a purchase with a credit  card (half hearted lol).

IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Re: Square not opening
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2020 at 8:27am

My app worked and I was able to connect to the reader

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print