Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Repeatable accuracy
Oct 13th, 2020 at 2:42pm

Once again they've found a solution to a problem no one had.  Grin
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
The theory is fine, basically a story stick for your rip fence (once it's all dialed in)
The problem is, as it always is with these guys, price. At $100 a pop, it goes from too expensive to ridiculous in 3 seconds flat. I point your attention to the photo where 5 are visible.
If I'm spending that kind of money to upgrade my saws measurement  system, I'll put it towards an Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I admit that it can be a PITA having to go back and set up a cut after you thought you were done but it does happen from time to time. I look at it as more of a method of work than a lack of features on m saw.

JMO

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Glenn Jacobs
WR Addict

JC L&S

North DFW, Texas, USA
North DFW
Texas
USA

Powermatic 3520C
Re: Repeatable accuracy
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 8:14am

I could see a system like this in a cabinet shop so that cuts can be repeated, but not in my shop where I make 3 to 5 cuts of same setting then move on. If I have to make a repeat cut, the setting might not be there anyways because I would have moved it for other cuts.

Glenn J.

Glenn+J  
IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Re: Repeatable accuracy
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 10:04am

If I make a repeat cut, I just move the fence back to where it was. Not a big deal for a simple rip cut.

There are many other types of cuts that require more involved setups where you need to use a special blade, set height, use a sled or other fixture, etc.
A rip cut is probably the easiest task performed on a table saw.

You would probably spend more time fiddling with those thumb screws that it would be to rip a piece slightly large and then refine the cut with another pass or two.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print