Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2005 AWGB Seminar - website (Read 2,100 times)

Jonathon

A collector - DEFINITELY
not a turner!

2005 AWGB Seminar - website
Aug 19th, 2005 at 2:19pm

There is now a webarea containing snaps (please note careful use of the descriptor here) of, we hope and believe, all of the entries in this years' Instant Gallery at the 2005 AWGB Seminar in Loughborough.

It can be reached either through The Daniel Collection website or by direct link ..

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

Any queries, broken links etc then please let me know.

There are also email links to the website designer and the AWGB in case anyone feels the need.

Jonathon
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2005 at 2:24pm by Jonathon »  

The Daniel Collection of fine turned wood&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
E. Bud Gillaspie
WR Addict

Where'd I put that round
tuit?

Re: 2005 AWGB Seminar - website
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 3:19pm

What more can I say other than first rate?

E. Bud Gillaspie Umpqua Turning Club

IP Logged

Gil Jones
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 3:48pm

Jonathon and Shirley,
Thank you very much for the marvelous assortment of inspiration to gaze upon, and study.
Gil and Bunny

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 6:38pm

Looks like it was a great show.  Thanks for sharing the pics with the rest of us.  I believe we all have some work to do.  Now we have the inspiration.   8)

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Jonathon

A collector - DEFINITELY
not a turner!

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 12:28am

Doug - it was the best Loughborough either of us can remember although it is always nice to meet old friends and the longer we do this, the more people we know.

Some of the pics are less clear than we would like (memo to self, next time remember the monopod (I remember saying this two years ago)) but at least this time people understood what we were doing and welcomed it with open arms.

We were lucky enough to secure 5 of the gallery pieces and another two at the auction - these will be up on our site when they arrive (some made the top 50 and are being photographer) in due course.

If anyone is getting bottom scroll bars - and know how to stop this then please let me know - I've tried all sorts to remedy.

Jonathon
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2005 at 4:35am by Jonathon »  

The Daniel Collection of fine turned wood&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Keith_Bundy

Ky. turner

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 6:09am

Wondeful snaps Jonathan. Thanks.

IP Logged

Rick in Lincoln
WR Addict

keep on turnin'

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 6:27am

Thanks for your time and effort in putting up these 'snaps', Jonathon.  Much appreciated.

A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

IP Logged

Jonathon

A collector - DEFINITELY
not a turner!

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 7:29am

Glad people are finding the site to be of use / interest.

We are hoping to add the "official" pics of the Top 50 pieces in similar thumbnail / low res pop-up format - watch this proverbial space.

Jonathon

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Negeltu

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 5:45pm

Quote:
If anyone is getting bottom scroll bars - and know how to stop this then please let me know - I've tried all sorts to remedy.

Jonathon

Well, you are using an iframe which I believe has an attribute called scroll that takes the values yes, no, and auto.  There is no explicit way to force vertical scrolling.  Try changing the width of the text blocks inside the iframe.  I do not use iframes...instead I use scrolling layers.  There is enough support for scrolling layers for my uses.

Good luck to ya Smiley

Ezridaeus  
IP Logged

Jonathon

A collector - DEFINITELY
not a turner!

Reply #9 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 11:56pm

Thanks for the suggestions.  Have already set the scrolling to "auto" and limited the size of the source files (width-wise) but for some reason it makes little or no difference.  Then again, it seems to depend on machine and operating system!

Had thought of layers - but fancied a change!

Regards

Jonathon

IP Logged

Gil Jones
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 21st, 2005 at 7:15am

Jonathon,
If you post a 'long' URL address, the system may not want to divide it into two lines, and you end up with a very wide post (past the margins), which will give you a horizontal scroll bar.
Try to edit an exceptionally wide post and see what happens. Or, you could “copy” a suspicious post, delete it, and see if that puts everything back to normal width. The copied post could then be edited and reposted.
Gil

IP Logged

Jonathon

A collector - DEFINITELY
not a turner!

Reply #11 - Aug 21st, 2005 at 10:02am

Gil

I think we are talking at x-purposes here.

The problem I am getting is that the pages feeding the i-frames seem to initiate bottom scroll bars when I know that the page size is well within the size of the target frame.

Ho-hum - back to the head-scratching.

Oh - have changed the background image to the lhs - to a piece we bought from Rosemary Wright at the seminar and one that fits the style of the site a little better IMHO.

Jonathon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print