support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

ATTN: Nova Owners
Oct 12th, 2010 at 12:19am

I just got this email from Teknatool:

As part of our ongoing program to provide enhanced customer service, we are moving to a new service centre, based in Florida. 

We have really valued Tim Geist's great assistance in servicing Nova Products and customers to date, but he has decided that he wants to move on to other opportunities.  We wish to thank him for his stalwart service for Nova and wish him all the best for the future!
This has presented us with a nice challenge, and an opportunity to re look at how we met our increased service needs in order to meet our growing sales and popularity in the market.  Also we want not only to meet our service requirements - but ensure that we further improve our service levels and enhance our customer care experience.

We are excited by this move and look forward to being able to offer our customers an improved level of service and assistance, with longer service hours and dedicated NOVA engineers.

Our office is open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday. An afterhours urgent message service is available outside of these hours.

Our toll free number remains the same:
1-866-748-3025

Our contact details

Teknatool NOVA
4627 Chancellor St, NE
St Petersburg
Florida 33703

Toll Free Calls - 1-866-748-3025
Toll Free Fax - 1-866-748-4193
Phone - 727-346-4775
Email - service@teknatool.com

This centre is now open to receive calls and emails, and any returned products, and will be ready to ship all standard orders for parts from Monday 18th October.  Some urgent orders for parts will be shipped before this date on a case by case basis.

Once fully operational, this centre will ship parts next business day.  We appreciate your patience during this short period while this centre becomes fully operational.

You can order parts and spares online or contact us

We are reviewing on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and will report back in our next store newsletter how things are going.   We are also steadily improving the level of service on our website, with enhanced FAQs and product support, more on this in upcoming newsletters.

In the meantime, we are very much looking forward to providing our NOVA owners and users with this improved level of service, and please don't hesitate to contact us, or me directly, should you wish to discuss this move further with our team.

All the best,
Peter Baker, CEO
Teknatool NOVA

Peter.baker@teknatool.com

I want to personally thank Tim for the fine service that he provided me in years past.  Always a great guy to work with.  Tim, we'll all miss you and look forward to hearing what you are doing now. 
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Jake Respondek

WR Rocks!

Re: ATTN: Nova Owners
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 8:49am

The new location is about 2 minutes from my house.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

IP Logged

Mike Mills
WR Addict

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 9:51am

Thanks for posting the info Rev.

1+ on the fine service I have received from Tim. They may have longer hours but Tim will be a tough act to follow.

Mike

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe

IP Logged

Carol Kinney

WR Rocks with the best!

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 10:22am

Sounds like Teknatool would like to keep our business.  I must say all my experience so far with them has been nothing but outstanding.  This is from Tim and also from their general support team.

Just wondering, will they have store hours (walk-in business) or is this phone/web support.  I also live only a few miles from their place of business.

IP Logged

Bill Bolen
WR Addict

Missouri turner

Eureka, Missouri, USA
Eureka
Missouri
USA

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 10:53am

Nothing but good things to say about Tim! Hope the new service center can equal Tim's service. Thanks for posting Rev. I had not heard about this yet...Bill..

2Ljunkie

IP Logged

Scott Wheeler
WR Addict

The wood on the wathe
goes wound & wound

Reading PA, Pennsylvania, USA
Reading PA
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #5 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 5:16pm

All the best to Tim, he exemplifies what great customer service should be! I will miss the personal touch. smiley=beer.gif

IP Logged

Bob Hampton

stress releif "let the
chips fly"

Reply #6 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 5:59pm

well let me say this...i love my nova 1624!
but that being said...u guys and gals have good luck with the service center.
I tried and tried to get an email answer to get a belt replaced that for some reason got a chunk taken out of it ...made a lot of vibration after that..
but after 5 emails i gave up and got absolutely no help from the woodcraft store i bought it from..so wont be going there again..
Finally took the belt to an auto supply store and they matched it for me ...$5.00 out the door.

thats just my experience with them.
Bob

Bob
Bob Hampton  
IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #7 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 7:08pm

Gotta go along with all,as Tim was a heck of a guy to work with,always treated me great and saved me some bucks in the process.he hated puters though  Grin

IP Logged

Jeff McDonald

WR Rocks!

Reply #8 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 11:51am

Thanks Rev.  I had the chance to contact Tim right after I got my 1624 and he was kind and helpful.  I have high hopes for the new provider in FLA!
Jeff

Jeff McDonald
IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #9 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 10:01pm

I'm with the rest of you.  New is only that, new.  We know Tim and know his service.  If the folks in FL are as good as Tim, we've got nothing to worry about. 

Bob, sorry you didn't get through via email.  I usually called him and generally in the morning or early afternoon.  Rarely had a moments trouble getting him.  Sounds like you got a great deal on the new belt anyway.  I had to order mine and that (edited out) was high.  Not as high as Teknatool, but high none the less.  Auto parts didn't have and couldn't get.  Blew my mind.
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Carol Kinney

WR Rocks with the best!

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:24am

Bob Hampton wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 5:59pm:
well let me say this...i love my nova 1624!
but that being said...u guys and gals have good luck with the service center.
I tried and tried to get an email answer to get a belt replaced that for some reason got a chunk taken out of it ...made a lot of vibration after that..
but after 5 emails i gave up and got absolutely no help from the woodcraft store i bought it from..so wont be going there again..
Finally took the belt to an auto supply store and they matched it for me ...$5.00 out the door.

thats just my experience with them.
Bob

Bob very sorry you had such a bad experience with them.  When we spend our hard earned money on a product you'd think we'd get just a little respect.  I'm hoping they're changing the way they do business, with Tim gone they need to step up to the plate.

I lost one of my screws that goes on the chuck - my instructor made the mistake of turning the chuck over while I was putting it together for the first time.  Not all the screws were tightened (outside on a porch isn't a good place to work) so once I find the size I need I'll send in a request and see what kind of service I receive.  I base my purchases on how I'm treated with vendors and of course the product, I like this chuck but I'm not married too it. Shocked

I most likely could find this screw at the local box store but I'd like to replace it with the real thing  Wink.

IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 11:54am

Just call them and tell them you lost a jaw screw.  They are all the same for Nova.  I would suggest getting the package of 8 spares.  You will likely need another in the future.  DAMHIKT

JimQuarles

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

john Taylor
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 2:24pm

By all means, buy a set of 8.  I found mine locally, but with the extras, I've yet to lose one.  If I only had the original 8, then....

IP Logged

Carol Kinney

WR Rocks with the best!

Reply #13 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 3:25pm

Hello Jim and John,
Thank you for the advice.  I just finished ordering the whole "Chuck Fastening Kit Spares" which comes with all 8 screws.  The site isn't the best as in -no basket- but I think I ordered the right item.  Now we'll see how long it takes - the shipping was more than the parts Huh . As long as I get them that's fine.

Thanks again for your help!

IP Logged

Carol Kinney

WR Rocks with the best!

Reply #14 - Nov 1st, 2010 at 5:17am

Thought I'd give an update on the spare kit.  I ordered one through their web site on the 19th (10/19/2010).  I received an automatic response that they had received it.  Not heard a thing - NOTHING!  Please don't tell me they don't send spare parts to you from the US!  I really don't like vendors that don't notifiy you they've shipped.  So, I guess it's to HD to find the part I need.  I also might look at Woodcraft, they might have it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print