Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shop is down for the month of April (Read 1,898 times)

Harold Goodman

Turn To Live. Live to
Turn

Maryland, Maryland, USA
Maryland
Maryland
USA

Shop is down for the month of April
Mar 28th, 2011 at 5:52pm

Shutting down the shop for a month to take time for a much needed cleanup and repairs.  Snow storm caved in the roof in the blizzard we had in 2010 then my health took a dive.  Finally feeling better and getting started.  Rented a Pack-Rat container and moved the tools out over the weekend  a little more clean up and the contractors will be able to start putting the ceiling back up and cut a door between the two shops.  Couple of weeks and I should have a new shop or at least something organized!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register pic8.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register pic6.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register pic4.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register pic3.jpg (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Len Layman
WR Addict

What have I got into??

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands

PM 3520b
Jet 1220
Re: Shop is down for the month of April
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 6:18pm

Yup.  Looks like time for a little touch up on the old shop.  I can't wait to smiley=beer.gif see the picture of the after.  Good luck on the redo.

Len

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."   MLK
IP Logged

Scott Wheeler
WR Addict

The wood on the wathe
goes wound & wound

Reading PA, Pennsylvania, USA
Reading PA
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 7:06pm

Glad to hear your feeling better, good luck with getting the shop back to new! smiley=beer.gif

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:32pm

this would be the perfect time to put on that summer addition room you wanted for the shop. Wink Wink Cool Cool Cool

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 3:35am

Harold,
Great news I bet you were pooped when you were done moving all the toys.

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Harold Goodman

Turn To Live. Live to
Turn

Maryland, Maryland, USA
Maryland
Maryland
USA

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 7:24pm

One week later the constrution part is almost done.  I did set my Lathe in place and hung a cabinet above it today.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 2011-04-03_15-26-30_729.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 2011-04-03_15-31-32_111.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 2011-04-03_15-31-55_572.jpg (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #6 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 9:53pm

Already starting to look pretty good.  Look forward to seeing the finished results.
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

TomTunget
WR Addict

Praise God for creativity!

CaveCreek, AZ, Arizona, USA
CaveCreek, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 3:03pm

Getting ready!

We wouldn't allow garbage to be served on the table,
why would we allow it to be served to our minds?

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Harold Goodman

Turn To Live. Live to
Turn

Maryland, Maryland, USA
Maryland
Maryland
USA

Reply #8 - May 1st, 2011 at 7:01pm

Whoo Hoo!
For the most parts its done Smiley
Still have to find places for a few things and need to make rollers for the dual belt sander.  The dust collector is all back together and cleaned out. Went over each machine and checked all belts bearings and bushings and cleaned and lubed everything.  Had a bad bearing on the band saw and a bad belt on one of the sanders.  Realinged all the cutters on the duplicator.  Hung some T5 light fixtures and added a few receptacles to the shop.  Now the trick is to keep it this way

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 2011-05-01_17-27-37_672-400.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 2011-05-01_17-28-10_452-400.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 2011-05-01_17-28-31_345-400.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 2011-05-01_17-29-02_113-400.jpg (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #9 - May 1st, 2011 at 9:30pm

Very nicely done, Harold.  Looks like you've done a good job of organization, and now preventative maintenance.  Now you have an even bigger job ahead of you, making that shop look like it is a working ship.  So, get busy and make some curls.
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #10 - May 1st, 2011 at 11:36pm

Looken good, when I saw ya Grizzly lathe, it reminded me of the one I had just like it, now, get busy making some curly's! smiley=thumbsup.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print