Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This could be a gloat.... (Read 1,183 times)

DerekJeffries

This could be a gloat....
Jan 5th, 2006 at 1:35pm

if I had a way to get them home.... Smiley

I was in Nebraska over the new years holiday, and was given 2 Walnut Root Burls. (Pictures have been posted in the gallery)  These were taken out of the ground about 6-7 years ago, so they are nice and dry, but they are both about the size of a kitchen table.  If I would have known I would have borrowed a truck before I went on the trip, but since I didn't know I only had my Toyota Celica. 

Since I didn't have enough room I cut a couple chunks off that I could fit in the car and brought them home.  Hopefully I will be able to run back up in the spring with a truck and get them.  I would go sooner, but it is about a 13hr trip each way... Sad

Derek Jeffries
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW 1849929631  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Re: This could be a gloat....
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 5:23pm

Do what ever it takes.  You have a real stash there.  If your friend can get them in out of the weather, you won't have to worry about it going to pot in the mean time.  Congratulations.   8)

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Woodchip

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 5:51pm

If you lived closer to me, I would let you borrow my truck! Smiley The good Rev is right, grab that stash at all costs. It's a gold mine!

Tom&&&&

IP Logged

DerekJeffries

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 6:28am

I have a few trucks I can get access to, but it is finding the time, and gas money to go get them... Smiley

Derek Jeffries
WWW 1849929631  
IP Logged

Rick in Lincoln
WR Addict

keep on turnin'

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 9:01am

Whereabouts in Nebraska, Krayon?

A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 9:42am

Rick, you going to help "protect" the Burls?  Grin  They can be dangerous, and should only be handled by experts to prevent injury.   Wink

JimQ

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Rick in Lincoln
WR Addict

keep on turnin'

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 11:23am

Well, if it's not far from me, I feel it would be my duty to fetch and protect them from harm  Grin at least until Krayon could take them home.  Of course, there may be some stock 'shrinkage', but only if a case of chainsawitis would break out  Wink Cheesy

A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 5:07pm

There you go again, Rick, offering your help dispite risk to life and limb.  You truely are a considerate person dispite your one-armedness.  Bless you.   Wink

8)

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
DerekJeffries

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2006 at 10:45am

It is between Guide Rock and Superior, about 1 hr south of Hastings... Smiley

If it gets closer to the time for them to move, and if I can't pick them up, then I will let you know.

Derek Jeffries
WWW 1849929631  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print