Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
People will find you (Read 784 times)

Ken Ferrell

WR Rocks!

People will find you
Jun 17th, 2009 at 6:43pm

I sold 5 pens to a lady this week, she found my web site and got an email to me, She was looking specifically for two pens for Fathers day made from Irish Bog Oak, I didn't have any on my web site so I asked her how she found me, here is her reply, so lets not totally discount the social networking sites.

Hi Ken,  hmmm, how did I find you.  Once I decide what I want, I'm kind of obsessive about getting exactly what I want;-) 

Beyond a doubt, my search started here:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Yep, I linked you to my store.  There are 3 artists who create ink pens on 1000markets - but selection is limited - so I expanded my research. 
When I discovered a pen crafted from bog oak, I decided that's what I wanted - my family toured Ireland last year with Grandpa to return to family roots there - tada, perfect.

I found the pic of your gorgeous (altho too fancy for my tastes) bog oak pen, saw that it was a current post to flickr - linked to your Leapwood site and liked what I saw.  I'm a careful shopper - educate myself on product and pricing - your photos, descriptions, pricing is right too - the discount is ever so appreciated.  It does make a difference for me.  I will always buy handmade if possible.  I'm truly excited about these bog oak pens just for my special order and yes, as you've described keeping character of the wood will be beautiful.  I figured since your website was dated Dec 08, your inventory was current - even if you're making all 5 pens custom just for me - Your response time and information you provided, including date for mailing - I'm happy. 

You should consider opening a shop on 1000markets.  It's a new venue, not a whole lot of traffic, but you don't have to pay a penny until you sell. 

I'm sorry if this is boring, but given the post about facebook it seemed relevant , Oh and by the way I nearly had to be beaten to put pictures on fliker,

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. &&&&Henry Ford
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Re: People will find you
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 7:33pm

WTG Ken, pretty cool post, seems like the lady knew what she wanted and how to go about finding it.  smiley=thumbsup.gif smiley=thumbsup.gif smiley=thumbsup.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

Ken Ferrell

WR Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 8:23pm

Mike this all leads back to the post about advertising your craft on facebook and the other social networking sites, I was amazed when the lady told me how she located my stuff,  I only put the pictures on fliker to placate a friend that also happens to be on the board of directors for our chapter of Tennessee Association of Craft Artists  but this turned out to be one hack of a sale I thought it was amazing.

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. &&&&Henry Ford
IP Logged

Leo Frilot
WR Addict

When the going gets tough,
get a bigger gouge!!!

Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, USA
Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana
USA

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 9:58pm

Great success story, Ken.  And sounds like you made a customer happy.  Let's hope she tells her friends, and so on, and so on.  By next week, you'll be able to retire from your day job!

Well, it COULD happen.

Live for today, plan for tomorrow, but have fun regardless!Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW Leo.Frilot  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print