Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Speaking of personal websites.... (Read 7,381 times)

Keith_Bundy

Ky. turner

Re: Speaking of personal websites....
Reply #45 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 12:39pm

Phil and Curt. Nice sites. My wife says I should set one up but I'm not sure I'd have the time to keep up with it. I can barely keep up with the stuff I'm doing now. Oh well, down the road somewhere.

IP Logged

Negeltu

Reply #46 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 8:29pm

Quote:
Thanks all, and thanks Negeltu NVU tip. It really works slick!

No problem.  Smiley  You're doing a great job.  Keep it up.

Ezridaeus  
IP Logged

Curt Fuller
WR Addict

Reply #47 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 8:41am

Has anyone ever seen the work by Cindy Drozda. This is some very impressive and inspirational work.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2005 at 8:42am by Curt Fuller »  

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

IP Logged

Rick in Lincoln
WR Addict

keep on turnin'

Re: Small Drozda gloat
Reply #48 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 1:08pm

I've been lucky enough to see Ms. Drozda twice at the Rocky Mountain Turning Symposium.  In person, her delicate boxes and finials are something else.

In Loveland, she did easier stuff.  I helped clean up one year and while sweeping up around Cindy's area, she found a roughed banksia pod in her stuff that she had forgotten to give to the raffle.  This was after the raffle where I didn't win anything  Cry . I told Cindy I still had a ticket, and she gave me the piece  Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2005 at 1:11pm by Rick in Lincoln »  

A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

IP Logged

Ned A from South GA
WR Addict

Formerly Nappen who said...Sleep
is for wimps

Reply #49 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 1:59pm

I downloaded NVU to take a look. I have thought about doing a page when I get some time on a rainy day(s). It still looks daunting. My ISP give 10MB as personal space. I don't know if that is a lot or not. Anyway, thought I would join the fun sometime.

I'm not addicted to coffee, it just keeps the headaches away.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
tejaswood

WWW.TEJASWOOD.C OM

Reply #50 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 4:58pm

I used yahoo for a long time until I decided that I wanted to let customers purchase my items through my site, and be able to pay with their credit cards. Believe it or not, SAMS club has web hosting. go to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and check it out. they only charge $10.00 per month for a professional site. My web site is Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register you can look around and get an idea of what you can do with their tools. They use their own software so you don't have to download or figure out how to use Microsoft etc. Their tech support is great and will walk you through every step of the way.

IP Logged

tejaswood

WWW.TEJASWOOD.C OM

Reply #51 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 5:00pm

Oops. the web is samsbiz.com not sambiz..... I forgot the S
sorry

IP Logged

Negeltu

Reply #52 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 7:30pm

I find things daunting when I'm worrying about messing something up.  Don't worry about messing anything up and you'll find your way around NVu very quickly.  Just play with it for a few days and get use to how it works.

Ezridaeus  
IP Logged

Chris Wright
WR Addict

Woodturners: 21st century
Druids

Los Angeles, CA, California, USA
Los Angeles, CA
California
USA

Reply #53 - Mar 28th, 2005 at 11:05am

10 Megs should be plenty for a personal site, at least to start.  WR is huge and it is currently under 100 megs.  It's all a matter of optimizing the pages.  the biggest hint I can give is make sure your photos are clean with small file sizes and you'll have loads of space for a good while.

Three Mutts Customs
Custom Leather, Wood & Metal gear

"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing"
IP Logged

Ned A from South GA
WR Addict

Formerly Nappen who said...Sleep
is for wimps

Reply #54 - Mar 28th, 2005 at 5:05pm

I go out of town again next week, and will take NVU on my laptop and play some. One day I may do a page Smiley

I'm not addicted to coffee, it just keeps the headaches away.

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #55 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 2:14am

I know this is an old thread but I was reviewing some info that people posted here and I was wondering if you ever did anything Nappan?  As far as making a website is concerned?
  I am really curious about this NVU software Negeltu talks about.  I am at work right now or I would download it and check it out.  I guess CFuller is sold on it, how do you feel about it? 
  Ihave been spending a bunch of hours killing time here at work trying to learn HTML coding.  It doesn't seem all that hard, it just can get a bit messy and complicated the more you add to it. 
  In case you haven't figured it out, I am on my website kick again.  I know that I did that one before but that has about run as far as it can go, besides I need my own domain so that I can add it to my business cards.   Well thaanks for the rant.  Chris, Negeltu (George) I hope you'll be patient with me when I bug you all the time.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2005 at 2:21am by Philip Peak »  

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Negeltu

Reply #56 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 4:54am

Quote:
I know this is an old thread but I was reviewing some info that people posted here and I was wondering if you ever did anything Nappan?  As far as making a website is concerned?
 I am really curious about this NVU software Negeltu talks about.  I am at work right now or I would download it and check it out.  I guess CFuller is sold on it, how do you feel about it?  
 Ihave been spending a bunch of hours killing time here at work trying to learn HTML coding.  It doesn't seem all that hard, it just can get a bit messy and complicated the more you add to it.  
 In case you haven't figured it out, I am on my website kick again.  I know that I did that one before but that has about run as far as it can go, besides I need my own domain so that I can add it to my business cards.   Well thaanks for the rant.  Chris, Negeltu (George) I hope you'll be patient with me when I bug you all the time.

HTML by itself is fairly simple to learn.  Heck, I learned it in a weekend.  From there I went on to javascript, php, perl etc...  I was lucky enough to know a real webmaster who took pity on me and took me under his wing.

Stick with HTML and NVU and you will do just fine.  I'm always here to help and I'm sure Chris is too.  Wink

Ezridaeus  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #57 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 10:31am

Negeltu please check your private messages.

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Chris Wright
WR Addict

Woodturners: 21st century
Druids

Los Angeles, CA, California, USA
Los Angeles, CA
California
USA

Reply #58 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 2:56pm

That's funny, I replied to your email before reading this Phil and I recommended NVu also...looks like we have a concensus.  Wink

Three Mutts Customs
Custom Leather, Wood & Metal gear

"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing"
IP Logged

Negeltu

Reply #59 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 3:25pm

Quote:
Negeltu please check your private messages.

Checked and replied... Smiley

Ezridaeus  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print